Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Workout

This week there were a few workouts of the usual type but also a different sort of cardio. This week my heart has been given heavy pitter pattering while watching the kids and wondering "how did I end up here?".  Thump Thump, Thump Thump. I'm watching my baby grow up and become a young woman. Scary enough. I'm watching the boy I got as a bonus when I married my husband be more excited about his college experience than I've ever seen him before even though he's beginning his Junior year. He needed to make some changes and has been smart enough to make them happen.  And then there's the oldest. Oh my. She was a 15 year old who was already 6 feet tall and made me feel like a dwarf when I met her...I don't think she's gotten much taller but she continues to dwarf me in so many other ways. She sees what she wants and makes it happen. Not many people can do that.  She's officially a college graduate. With honors. And is getting married to another recently graduated honors student who shares my love of things dorky and science-like. She's adding to our often strange little family, in-laws who are incredibly fun and smart and make me laugh like few other people I know. Life is full of goodness.  And my insulating bubble that keeps the goodness in and the badness out, is still intact today. Amen.



No comments: