Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Month of Crossfit

I completed 4 full weeks of crossfit, missing one day each week except last week, I made all 5 days. It makes me sweat. It makes me tired. It makes me feel pretty good about how strong I am. Weekends have usually involved at least one endurance workout, running or biking for at least an hour, preferably 2 or 3. I've been tracking workouts and some of my favorites are days when it's a long list of exercises that you have to rotate thru as quickly as possible. This morning for instance, started with a bench press/hang time set.
Bench press at
80% of your max 1 x 6
84% of max 2 x 5
88% of max 2 x 4
between each set you have to hang from the pull up bar with your knees up, thighs parallel to the ground for 30 seconds.
THEN the workout started.

3 rounds
chest press x 8 30lb ea arm

farmer walk (walk all the way across the gym carrying heavy dumbells) 45lb

walking pushup for 10 yards (10lb dumbells in hands, do a pushup, extend an arm out without moving your feet is harder than it sounds, spider crawl up and do another pushup) this was the hardest thing on the list, I swear.

incline flies 8 x 15lb
flat flies 8 x 15lb

punching bag 30 seconds

start another set. If you can't, you have to hold a plank until you can start the next round.

Every day is something like this. I am really enjoying it. Except on days that involve running. Sprints blow.

No comments: