Monday, November 16, 2009

5:00 a.m. is Early You Know

I started back at Arkansas Sports Performance Center this morning.  The workouts are intense, usually shorter than your average cardio or sculpting class because there is little time wasted on resting. Oh my poor body! Short, tough, circuit training style. I really like em. Every day is something different and I never worry I'm going to get bored with a "routine" because there isn't one.

This morning was my first day back after almost 10 weeks because of the Syllamo. And my finger. The first thing is warm up. An absolute necessity! Once the workout begins, you need to be able to hit it hard.

Todays workout:
 4 sets x 8 repeats of 3 in1's:  Hang Clean, Front Squat, Push-Press

All in one fluid motion, or at least an attempt at fluidity. Mine weren't pretty every single time but I tried.  I alternated between 55lbs and 65lbs.  I found that my finger still doesn't like to grip heavy things.

30 seconds each Plate Push and Walking Lunges for 10 minutes

For this we push a weight plate (I used 25lbs) across astroturf. Hands on plate, butt up and run. Not as easy as it sounds. Then after 30 seconds we lifted the plate overhead and did walking lunges with Chris yelling to get deep and hold proper form! 30 seconds and back to pushing, repeat for 10 minutes. The trick was, you could not put the plate down. If you choose to rest you have to hold on to it. It wore me out but it wasn't impossible. I wonder if a 35lb plate would have made it impossible?

No comments: