Thursday, January 7, 2010

Busy or Just Plain Lazy?

I've been skipping the "intense" workouts since Christmas. Instead I've substituted playing games on the Wii with my family, walking instead of driving sometimes and a few hikes.
I bought a Wii Fit balance board with the Wii Fit Plus game and the Biggest Loser game just before Christmas. We were having a really good time playing the balance games but the workouts left me a bit Meh. I've only tried the Biggest Loser game once, it too left me a little cold. But my sweet man got me the EA Sports Active bundle for Christmas. THAT, I like. Since then I've purchased a second nunchuk and leg strap so we can do workouts together if we want. I thought the resistance band was way too weak so I used another one I had that was not as stretchy and got one with the new leg strap that is really good. I also bought a pair of 2 lb weighted gloves. That doesn't sound like much but I was trying to hold dumb bells during some of the upper body workouts but that prevented me from holding the remote and nunchuk in the proper position so it "yelled" at me to do it right, or else.  : ) Even 2lbs makes a difference, especially if it's a 20 rep exercise.
Thanks for the present J. Much better than all the cookies I made you. Merry New Year's Resolution!

No comments: