Monday, January 11, 2010

What Good is Cold Without Snow?

This past week we had record low temperatures here in our Southern hamlet. I do not enjoy single digit temps. Yes, I do realize it is January but what good is cold without snow to play in?
Saturday I needed to be in my office for a couple of hours but before leaving I hit the fitness center for a quick 25 minute treadmill workout-uphill. When I got home, I talked the man into a Wii workout. We did a 30 minute full body circuit followed by a 25 minute upper body circuit. Nice :) At least it felt like I was somewhat better than a comatose sloth bear that afternoon.
Sunday when the temperature finally reached above freezing (barely) we went out for a stroll in our favorite urban park.  There were more people at Pinnacle Mountain than I expected. I guess after a few days of teens and tens for temps, 35 was downright balmy! We got about 6.5 miles in, but not as much running as I would have liked. Still a better workout than I've been getting since the Holiday Haze of Laze set in.


This is part of the Base Trail back in November. It didn't look much different yesterday, except for the occasional patch of ice.
Ah, the bliss. Except for the random unleashed dog and wild haired hippy runner. That's a different sort of trail entertainment.

No comments: