Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Changing the Name

I keep writing down stuff that has no place in a workout log. Maybe I should call this

"Confessions of a junk food addict" or maybe just "food addict"

Friday-our usual celebration got no attention this year. We barely even decorated our yard. Late on Fri night I picked up the small one and 2 of her buds to go to a scary movie. I ate nachos. Bad. Very Bad.

Saturday-did a lot around the house, went out shopping without spending too much money but never got much of a workout in. The stress of other things going on was in full force and I ended up eating a kids meal from BK AND a steak burrito from Taco Hell. Good gravy. Oh, and all the MnM leftovers from Friday night.

Sunday- Got my fat lazy arse off the couch and went out alone for a run. Found myself out at one of my favorite workout haunts....pinnacle mountain, and ran till it hurt. I did the new part of the base trail around the West side which is about 1.5 miles I think. It's a fairly strenuous run that starts off with some nasty steep switchbacks. I tried to run as much as possible, only a couple of breather moments. Up and over the mountain for 3/4 mi of straight up and 3/4 miles of steep down. Pushed hard on the up and ran the downs when it was safe to. That took a bit under 1 hour. Whew. Then I hit the East Base Trail at the bottom and went ALL the way around again which should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 miles. This trip around was slower but I did run hard the last 3/4 mile. Total time 1 hr 35 min. Then I worked in the yard and around the house some more getting ready for Monday.

Monday-sat on my butt all day because that's all I could do. Got J to the surgery center at 9:30, he was signed in and in a pre op room by 10 and we waited until 11:50 for them to come get him for the O.R. Everything went fine and the Doc was out talking to me by 1 p.m. I made all the necessary phone calls and went back to the waiting area because they told me I'd be able to go sit with him soon. So I sat there. And waited. FINALLY, it was well after 2 before I got to go back to him and about 1/2 hour later we were leaving. J slept all afternoon, woke up to eat and went back out.

Tuesday- got the invalid out to vote after 2 trips to the school for drop off and a forgotten lunch. Worked around the yard and house, pampered the invalid. Our sweet neighbors brought us a wonderful lunch of homemade soup and chocolate cake. Oh My. I need to work out but I'm just not feeling it. I did take the dogs on a 2 mile walk today.

edit: wednesday another yard day, but who would know since all the work was imediately covered by newly fallen leaves. Oh well, the gutters were clean for a few hours and it's that many fewer leaves I'll have to worry about in a few weeks when the trees are bare.

No comments: