Friday, November 21, 2008

Worthless and Weak

My workout monday was great but the rest of the week has been a real struggle. Everyone who knows me knows that my weight issues lie completely in the diet arena. This arena is a 3 ring circus and 2 of the rings are always on fire. Yesterday I ate from the time I got up to the time I went to bed. Seriously. I could not eat enough. I just took a peek at my s-i-l's blog and she has been doing fantastic things, oh like losing more than 25 lbs!! And starting to run. Okay so yes she was once an uber athlete and I will use the excuse, once an uberathlete, always one but truth is, I know it wasn't that easy. She has 9 inches of height on me and only 1 dress size difference. I haven't seen her in months as she lives about 7 hours away but I can see her in my head and God She's Even More Gorgeous Than Ever. This and the fact that I went to a health fair and was told I still have a smidge over 25% body fat- I should be throwing out every fattening thing in my cupboard and starving myself but I'm not. I'm eating ice cream and potato chips AFTER eating pot roast and white bread with butter. OMG. I'm a pig.

Thursday:
warm up 10 minutes on the treadmill, walking including 5% incline

medium grip underhand pulldown (to failure) 18 x 40lbs
seated cable row (to failure) 12 x 50lb
jump squat x 15
one leg pelvic thrust to failure (yes it looks as naughty as it sounds) 20 x ea leg

wide grip lat pulldowns 20 x 30lb
squat swing w/ dumbbells 10 x 15lb
jumping lunges to failure x 20

plank rows 5 x 15lb each arm (too light)
supermans x 20
squats w/ bicep curl 10 x 15lb
1 min uphill run 15% incline 5 mph

hack squats x 20
seated hamstring curl to failure 15 x 50lb
hammer curl 10 x 15lb
jump rope fast for 2 min

crossover lunge w/ hammer curl 20 x 10 lb
crunch on body ball x 25
hanging ab twist x 8 ea side
1 min uphill run repeat

warm down-treadmill walk uphill back to flat for 5 min

3 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG Woman! You're beautiful and you're fantastic, and I LOVE YOU!! Stop being mean to yourself before I kick your ass.

Lisa said...

I heart U. Will you still come kick my ass because sometimes, well I just need it.

Julia said...

Awwww Lisa! Thanks for calling me gorgeous and an uberathlete all in one post. If only either one of them were true. :-) My running has come to an abrupt halt after I pulled something a couple of weeks ago. I'm still walking with a slight limp, but hope another two weeks off will be all it takes. Amazingly enough, once I got up to a couple of miles without feeling like I was going to pass out, I found out that I LIKE to run. Who knew! As for diet, I suck at that too, but weight watchers was really easy for me to follow, I understand points a whole lot better than counting calories, so I recommend it to anyone looking for a plan.

Look forward to seeing you all again, sorry we missed you this weekend in Memphis, but it was damn cold outside, so better to stay in by a fire than hang out on a soccer field.