Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Rush



The days leading up to Christmas are always hectic. This year was not as bad as some but because the sweet man I married 5 years ago had a great anniversary present planned-I had to figure out how to be away from home right before the "big day" and still get everything done.


Last week, I did manage a couple of mixed up workouts-treadmill cardio and light weights. Cmas Eve, the man and I were still up on Mt Magazine after a cold, windy and icy evening spent toasting the last 5 years in front of a fire in our private cabin. We went for a 6 mile hike on some trails neither of us had been on before (that's often a tough bill to fill) even though it was in the low 30's, windy and low visibility for most of the hike.
Christmas Day had us back out in the woods but not on trails-we were bushwhacking around Pinnacle looking at Mountain Bike Trail options. I hope those become a reality by next year.

No comments: