Thursday, June 25, 2009

Off with a BANG

Saturday afternoon the small one complained of an earache. Sure enough, Thursday's trip to Wild River Country with her lovely cousin Tricia (the DLI educated Korean speaking Air Force member one) not only provided her with what I hope are good memories of her cousin but a raging case of swimmer's ear. We were scheduled to leave LR at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday to meet sweet sweet Cari, not to be confused with sweet sweet Connie, about halfway between our respective homes 5 hours apart. Instead we were in the after hours clinic at Arkansas Children's Hospital getting a scrip for antibiotic/steroid drops and instructions from Dr. Simmons. We have never had need of this clinic before but since the small one's pediatrician retired a few months ago, I daresay we will use this facility again. We had the most pleasant Dr's office experience there. Kudos! We were done, had our scrips and even ate lunch before leaving LR only 2 hours behind schedule!
I have recieved one nightly phone call each evening this week so far. All short and to the point. Having a GREAT time, loving life, enjoying camp and making friends. So far they've done the physics thing building egg cases and popsicle stick bridges, done some GPS orienteering and today they are working in a genetics lab in the a.m. and a robotics lab in the p.m. This ROX! I want a robot too! I'm taking a half day off work tomorrow so I can drive down to Vicksburg to see her projects from the week and attend an awards banquet. Okay BBQ banquet, it IS Mississippi ya'll. I've missed the little bugger and she's home for a week and then off again to her 3rd week of being away from home this summer for Camp Mitchell. At least she'll be surrounded by friends, forced to GO PLAY OUTSIDE!, and only an hour away from home for that one.

Oh dear- Back to the subject of Fitness:
Got a treadmill walk/jog/hill repeat workout in on Monday. A short but hilly and hot walk on Tuesday but we got soft serve in the middle so I don't think that counts.
Had a nice 3.2 mile very hilly run yesterday morning before it got too hot. It was only 80 at 6:20 a.m. It really felt good and made me wish I'd timed it.
I've been invited by my Sweet Sarah Smiles to join her for a Crossfit class tomorrow at 6 a.m. Oh my. I like a torturous workout now and again but this might be pushing it.

No comments: