Saturday, December 5, 2009

Weak Week

The workout schedule was weak this week.
Monday:
4 sets of 6 hang clean- 2 sets @ 45lb to warm up + 4 x 60lb
superset Straight Single Leg Deadlifts w/ 20lb dumbell + Walking Lunges w/25lb plate overhead to 60 reps each
Finish with 1 mile run with call outs. Which meant that every few yards at irregular intervals, C would call out "push up" or "mountain climber" or worse..."squat thrust" and we'd have to do those until he yelled "UP" again. The run was outside. It was chilly.

Tuesday:  warm up with 75 full sit ups
superset Push Press, Dumb Bell Chest Press, and Front Plate Raise to 75 reps each
      Push Press 1 x 15 x 45lb, 2 x 15 x 55lb, 3 x 10 x 60lb
      DB Chest Press 5 x 15 x 20lb
      Plate Raise 5 x 15 x 25lb
THEN we had to walk boxes. 8 boxes from 8-24 inches set up in a pyramid style. first 4 with hands on floor and feet on boxes- do 3 pushups then move feet to the next box without getting up- repeat- in the center, change hands to boxes and feet on floor and do the same-
at the end do pushups to failure. Which for me was 1. :) I was lucky I didn't face plant on the box pushups.

Finish: Shoulder Complex with 10lb dumb bells  7 lateral raise, 7 front raise, 7 rotator cuff, 7 shoulder press.  OMG

Wednesday: Would it shock anyone that I skipped Wednesday?

Thursday:
Warm up with killer Abdominal work led by Chris the Hun.
20 Dead Lifts @ 95 lb     run 400 m outside in the frigid air
20 Kettle Bell swings @ 20lb     run 400 m
20 Overhead Squats with PVC bar     run 400 m
20 Burpees. I heart Burpees.      run again.
20 Pullups. I can't do pullups. I jump, I strain, I try to get there. It's the best I can do.    I ran again though.
20 Box Jumps     run 400 m
20 Dumb bell Squat Clean 5 x 15lb, 10 x 20lb, 5 x 15lb     LAST RUN!!

Friday: Skipped Again. Don't pretend to be shocked. I planned a workout, but I got too busy.

Saturday involved exercisin my table muscles at Subway and William's Tavern at Historic Washington State Park.

Sunday's Plan: RUN! Outside, in the cold, on the hills.

No comments: