Sunday, February 28, 2010

Birthday Cake, Soccer and Karaoke

This week the 'baby' had a birthday. We fooled her into thinking that we were ignoring the actual date due to all the other good stuff she was getting to do around the time of her birthday. But I couldn't let it go completely. So while she was having a music lesson, I went and rounded up her 3 best friends. The small ones' Grandparents met us at a local pizza joint and brought birthday cake. I went to pick her up and suggested we eat out since J was out of town and we were both hungry. I think she was surprised. She said she was surprised. How do you tell with teenage girls? They look surprised when you remind them they didn't finish a chore, or forgot the due date of a library book, or when you find that unfortunate stain that was hidden by a backpack on the floor for 3 days.


She gets very excited over mixed CDs made especially with her taste in mind.








Later in the week she had her first soccer game. She's trying the game this year after sitting out of any sport all last year. She says she likes it. I'm happy to see her running.

After the game, we needed to eat and stopped in at a "bar and grille" close to the school we had played at. It was karaoke night. We were highly entertained. Within minutes, the small one had switched her Facebook status to:

Yeah, I'm a professional karaoke hopper. I travel around the country, going from bar to bar competing against whoever dares to challenge me. It's a pretty intense lifestyle. I don't recommend it for the weak.

My kid has a sense of humor. She makes me laugh.

No comments: