Sunday, February 7, 2010

Good Friends, Bad Influence

Friday night J and I enjoyed a much needed evening out with a couple of good friends. I have been trying to make it over to The Pantry since the fall when Sweet Sarah Smiles would not shut up about the apple strudel. Darn her. We finally made it there. I enjoyed a lovely dunkelweissen at the bar, but I wouldn't have if I had seen the specialty drink menu first. I would have gone for the Pomegranate Gimlet or the Gin & Ginger Press maybe. I knew I would be ordering the pork shoulder for dinner and the strudel for dessert. Thanks Sarah.


 The restaurant has a lovely bar and a lounge area up front. I did appreciate the warm coziness of the wood and deep colors they used to decorate.





Following our most decadent and enjoyable dinner, the 4 of us saddled up and headed to Grumpy's for after dinner conversation. We were having such a great time, we started to ignore the fact that we were supposed to get up very early the next morning. I love when time flies like that. Good Times. Good Times.

No comments: