Monday, October 13, 2008

Hikes and Bikes and Critters

Saturday afternoon we met one of J's friends, a mountain biker and member of CARP to scout an area for a possible new mountain bike trail. While we were out we heard a sharp screeching only to find a brown bat in a bush. Man was he upset! Unfortunately he flew away before J got his camera out. I spotted a ring neck snake while we were out, a little one, but couldn't resist playing with him for a minute.



Sunday night we pulled the mountain bikes off the garage wall. Mine asked for i.d., it had been so long since I'd seen her. We went our usual route around the River Trail, about 17 miles but a bit slower if a bit more heart pounding since we were fat tiring it. On the way back to the car near the Isabella Jo Road, was a big skunk. Luckily J was smarter than I and actually managed to stop clear of it since it got pissed and had it's tail up and ready! It took several minutes, some yelling and several rocks trying to get it to go. Finally the sound of my cleats banging on asphalt made it go away. Yikes.

This morning I got up and set out the trainer so I could catch up on my TV shows while I got my sweat on. Did a bit of riding, a bit of light lifting, and a bit more riding for a total of about an hour. Now I'm sitting at DeGray Lake State Park Resort while tagging along with J for one of his work dealios. Looking forward to the hot tub later.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

MOTHER! That is a freakin AWESOME snake! Can I have one?

Lisa said...

yes, go catch one