Thursday, October 2, 2008

Listen to Your Body

So workouts have been non existent this week. One swim in 5 days. But my body is in a low ebb. It just says no. I got up in time to swim this morning but chose to do something I NEVER do. I stayed home with my man instead of rushing out the door. It was nice. I should get up early and not fly out the door immediately more often. I am going to attempt to run later today. I'm wondering...with the Tri on Sunday, and having had 3 rest days already, do I try to swim tomorrow or Saturday morning? I just wonder how much a 30-45 mintue swim will help my confidence versus hurt my body... I think a swim the morning before might actually be good for me but what do I know about training?

Edit:
So maybe my body wasn't saying no, maybe it was saying "please, just don't hurt me" I went out for that run because the day was just to pretty not to. I decided I would try running one song at an easy (read that as I can do this with noodle leg) pace and one song at a knocking at the door to challenging to challenging pace for a tad over 3 miles. I went inside and did 2 x 10 SLOW knee ups on the captain's chair and played on the balance board for a few minutes before settling on the floor for foam roller work.
I feel so much better now.

No comments: