Friday, October 31, 2008

Like the White Rabbit

Lately I feel like I'm always wanting to scream : " I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!"
Work is busy and keeping me longer hours, life is busy, home is busy. My personality requires quiet time. Lots of it. There have been times, some recently, when I just get totally overwhelmed by what goes on around me and sometimes I lose it. It isn't pretty. I often wonder what makes some people handle the stress and issues and problems life tosses at them with such seeming calmness where I, am a total spaz, constantly on the verge of some kind of breakdown or at least shut down to keep the "bad people/things" out. I think the worst is when people outside my own imagined little microcosmic world do things to disturb it. Cause ripples. Especially when it seems it's intentional. Lucky for me that isn't happening these days like it used to, but each day still brings it's own challenges.
This month I've lost a valued co-worker and friend to a new job, within the next couple of months I will be losing my "boss" (he hates that word) to a new job where I can not follow, work is not stressful-it's just changing and change for me is not a good thing usually. I don't like change. I like plans, routines, NON chaos. The stress of being responsible for the safety and comfort of 45 passengers on a bus is not so comfortable a feeling either. I suppose I can handle it for a few days a month but man, some days are Zingers.
Enough of the rant!!!

This past week I've managed to:
Hit some new fresh single track in lovely Bluff City, Arkansas. Who knew? The new 10 mile trail at White Oak Lake State Park opened this past weekend and J and I went down to the ribbon cutting and trail inaugural ride. We met our CARP riding friend D and his wife and sweet baby girl there. There was another couple there all the way from Dallas for the ride too. We took the trail at a pretty leisurely pace but I thin once it's ridden and packed in, it's going to be a nice FAST ride. I have no pictures. Of course.

Sunday was an all day yard work adventure. J can't help at all due to the hernia so....
Monday was a rest day
Tuesday was SUPPOSED to be a biggest loser workout day but after getting home late from work, making dinner, taking the small one to piano lessons and getting home...I found that she still needed help on a science project so there was no rest for the wicked. No workout either :)
Wednesday got a NOICE 3.5 mile run outside in the afternoon and about 30 minutes of light weights, squats and ab work while finally watching the biggest loser show from tuesday
Thursday - NADA again!! Except for the frantic final preparations for a group of 12-13 year old girls' night out for tonight. Craziness. And then the manic baking of sweet breads for J to take to work because I just found out at 7:30 that he was supposed to bring something today. Luckily I had the makings of Pumpkin Bread AND Cranberry-Yam Bread. WHEW!
I was so exhausted this morning, my entire halloween costume consisits of a "young hot witches all night party" glow in the dark tshirt and a pair of halloween socks. The plan was red wig, devil horns and bat wings to be a bat out of hell, but I just couldn't get out of bed in time to commit to that. I'll have to wear it out to the movies and embarrass my kid later tonight.

No comments: