Monday, March 9, 2009

Picture is worth how many words?


30th annual Run Thru History 10K in Vicksburg Military Park




We started the race by being late and having to run uphill about 1/2 mile to get to the start, just as they were singing the Star Spangled Banner. Nice timing. Just enough time to check shoelaces and turn on tunes. I was not ready for the heat or the hills! Now I can't wait to do it again.





yeah, not the time I had hoped for but...I felt great at the end and didn't want it to end just yet. I waited just a few seconds so Cari and I could finish together. As usual I came away going...I din't even come close to leaving it all out there.


After the race we stayed in the park, which is beautiful by the way and wandered thru the memorials, monuments and battle fields. It was a beautiful day but then the call of the wild was heard...the small one needed FOOD. Look how happy she is!


Until she realizes she can't possibly eat this.



Cari and Mike had no trouble finishing theirs. They were smart and shared a NORMAL size piece of pie. Rusty's Rocks.

No comments: