Monday, March 30, 2009

Long Time No Blog


March 17th? Seriously?

The past 2 weeks have been full. I'm sure I can't fill it all in. After the run at Pinnacle I tried to moderate my workouts because Saturday the 21st was our first Adventure Race of the year. Since J and I have really not been doing any (we did 1 last year and none the year before that), we are trying hard to get back in the game. Ozark Extremes Adventure Sprint Series seems a good place to start. A couple of slight missteps on the orienteering, due mainly to my impatience I'll admit, we still managed to come in 1st in our division ( 2 person co-ed) and 4th overall of male teams and solo men. Cool. During the following week I managed to get in a couple of short runs (3 miles or less) and a couple of strenth training days.
Sunday we got back into the endurance arena with a mountain bike ride. I wish I had a map to show elevation. We rode from our house in Leawood, thru Foxcroft to the Big Dam Bridge, up the switchbacks at Emerald Park, down the road at Ft. Roots, across the Main Street Bridge over to the Deaf School and up THOSE hills working our way North of Kavanaugh for a ways but popped back out in time to stop in at US Pizza for lunch , salad supreme yummy, and back down H street and Evergreen to get home ending with the climb up Mountain. Yowza. 22 miles that felt like 40. Hills, Hills and more Hills. Did I mention there were hills?
I am not working out today. Could, but not going to. :)

1 comment:

FishrCutB8 said...

OH HAI!!!!! So nice to see you're still here!