Friday, June 13, 2008

Jillian Micheals Kicks Butt, Mine



So from reading my posts about my Tuesday night "Biggest Loser" obsession, it's easy to tell that I think Jillian kicks tail. So the other night while wandering around Best Buy with the man, I saw this DVD on the shelf and for $13, I thought heck-why not?

ALLEGEDLY this workout starts out at Level 1 and goes to Level 3. I should have caught on quickly that I SHOULD have done my own warm up. I have issues when I am not properly warmed up and I'm almost always sore if I don't. 3 workouts x 20 minutes. I made it 20 minutes. Now I like to think of myself as fairly active. I'm no athlete but I think I probably get out more than the average American woman my age. Jillian holds no punches-she flat out says that if you're only going to give 20 minutes it better be a tough damn 20 minutes lard ass. Okay so I added the lard ass but come on! This is actually a pretty tough workout if done right. I think the dumbbells I chose to use were a little on the heavy side for what this called for. I used 8lbs and I think 5 may have felt light but would have been enough for a good workout especially if I had actually done more than the first 20 min workout.

This is not warm fuzzy workout. The encouragement phases are what you expect from her...not "you're doing great! rest if you need to" It was come on, I've trained 400 lb people who can do jumping jacks, you can do it so don't listen to people who say you can't. You have to work for it if you want change. Right On Jillian.

No comments: