Monday, June 30, 2008

Run, Kick Butt, Roller Coaster, Run

I haven't posted in days so quick rundown:

Thursday-3 miler, so so run.

Friday- Used that Jillian Micheals DVD again. Level 2. Kicked my butt. Again. I was sore all weekend and honestly, I'm still sore. I've got to learn the trick to either warming up better or warming down better or I can't use that workout.
Ruined workout with: a plate of spanikopita and hummus. Movie popcorn (Wanted: extreme violence and humor at the same time. Liked it.) and then tequila. Dos Margaritas gigantica.

Saturday- no workout, except the checkbook. Had to spend money on lots of things. Okay only had to spend money on food but spent money anyway on a new grill (ours finally gave up and was shooting flames in directions it wasn't supposed to) a new backpack and some running singlets. And food. To make the running singlets necessary.

Sunday- worked in the yard for about 1 1/2 hours then drove and hour to the combo amusement/water park to meet the young one and her friend to supervise them on the roller coasters while the friend's dad took the little sister on kiddie rides. I sat out most of the rides. Instead I ate a piece of pizza and half a hamburger and fry platter. Considering we were there all day I guess that's not so bad. I didn't have the funnel cake, or the root beer float, or even the soft serve. I TRIED to actually swim some. I really need to get on the ball with that or I'll never be able to do that triathlon.
joe got to ride 40 miles of dirt and gravel. and he got beat by a girl. only this time it wasn't me. I missed him at the park but he needed the ride and Sarah was happy to have him along.

Monday- another 3 miler, oh so much more of the same ol same ol. It was warm today but not horribly humid. I just wasn't feeling it. Never walked but it was slower than usual pace. My legs are tired.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's a busy weekend! Thank you for letting Joe keep me company yesterday. I was a bit envious that you were at Magic Springs, though. I LOVE amusement parks.

Lisa said...

yeah, next time we'll spend more time in the water park. Rode the Xcoaster finally. Meh. I was expecting stomach flips but all I got was a bad headache.
So next time I want to go to MS I know who to invite.