Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Last Minute Fundraising

my CARTI Tour de Rock page


So for those who don't know what CARTI is, it's an acronym for Central Arkansas Radiation Therapy Institute. I think I got that right. They provide state of the art, cutting edge radiation therapies for cancer treatment. They serve people from all over the country, the world even, not just Arkansans. Personally, my local circle of loved ones hasn't had need of their services, but one day we might and I will be glad to know that I or someone I love doesn't have to go far to get the best treatment. Though my local loves haven't needed them, some very special people that I hold dear have needed the types of services that CARTI offers and man am I glad they found a place that could give them what they needed that was close to them. My lack of personal experience doesn't mean I haven't heard tell that they not only offer the best medical treatment but the staff knows that treating a cancer patient's disease is only part of the battle. They work with families, loved ones and the patients to make sure the are as comfortable and as stable as possible.
I know it's only 3 days away- yeah I KNOW I waited too long blah blah blah, cough up some dough and I'll try to post a good story (maybe even pictures) of me torturing myself in the Arkansas heat.

No comments: