Monday, June 16, 2008

Quit ur Whinin'

I realize that my post about my surprise party was a load of .....

So it didn't turn out as planned and got cut short by my boss, who happened to be carrying 3/4 of the guests in his car, who had to bail early because he broke his arm while farting around with one of my other colleagues in the parking lot. Yes these people have PhDs folks.
The real story should have been...
My husband planned a surprise party for me. Because he felt bad that my actual birthday was spent with me at work because I was leaving for a conference the very next morning and had important stuff to do. Because the evening was dedicated to the middle kid's graduation ceremony and then the oldest and her boyfriend catching up with the grandparents. My husband planned a surprise party for me. Not only planned it, had to plan it twice, and keep it a secret from me for weeks. This was no easy task as he says, it's hard to keep secrets from the person who keeps the schedule for everything. No easy task for a man who is the epitome of "why do today what you can put off till tomorrow" attitude. He enlisted friends to help him with addresses, got food from a 'fav' place and tried hard to make it special. That should have overshadowed all the other. So thanks Joe for giving me a special day.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It's broken? Is it casted or in a sling? Man, I wish I would've seen that spill now.

Lisa, everyday you're my friend is a special day, so it was only fitting that Aaron and I come and eat free barbecue...oh I mean, celebrate with you.

Lisa said...

If you come by tonight you can have free BBQ again. Smile.

Yeah it's broken and in a weird spot so it's in an immobilizing sling for 6 weeks. Haven't actually seen or talked to him yet other than email. Dork.