Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hotel Fitness Rooms

Sunday afternoon we arrived in NW Arkansas and checked into the lovely suite hotel/convention center. We pretty much hit it just in time to clean up and change for the reception, oh good free food and booze, just what I need. I ate too much sushi and drank too much wine, embarrassed myself with my husband's coworkers and by Monday afternoon still hadn't figured out if it was the cheap wine or bad sushi but I could barely remain upright. I felt terrible but not bad enough to keep me from eating, a lot.
Tuesday I hit one of two fitness areas in the hotel. I chose the "old" one because it had everything I needed and no one else was there. I had a good 2 hours- most of it actually working out thankuverymuch. I did 40 minutes on the treadmill, brisk walking but with hill repeats lasting 3-4 minutes between 4-10% incline with 5 minutes each for warm up and warm down. The rest of the time was spent strength/toning with light free weights with 3x 5 minute runs on the treadmill in between. I did take another walkabout later in the day and didn't drink at dinner. Had a bit better food day, but not by much.
Wednesday- thought I had about 1-1.5 hour to workout and get back to the room to shower, pack and be ready to go so I did another hill workout on the treadmill but only the 40 minutes (10 running) and very light core work for a few minutes. Turns out I could have stayed longer. Oh well. On the road again. Had McDs for lunch AND got talked into chinese buffet for dinner. This really has GOT to stop.

No comments: