Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Snooze Alarm Abuse

Every so often the snooze button gets hit one or 5 too many times and I'm in a big rush to make it out the door. I ride a commuter shuttle so I HAVE to be on time each day. This morning I had about 7 minutes max to get out the door. I pulled on some hiking pants that I had out, a tshirt and a fleece pullover, brushed my teeth and hit the door. SO sophisticated, SO professional, SO age appropriate. Ha. Guess it's a good thing that the general attitude toward clothing where I work is such that my NASCAR style a.m. routine doesn't warrant a second glance. Oh well, feeling disheveled gave me a reason to hit the fitness center at lunch even though I know I want to get my Tuesday night Biggest Loser workout on later. That way I could feel justified in taking a shower and cleaning myself up a bit.

short warm up then
15 minutes HARD on the stairmaster doing intervals
traveling lunges out of the room and into the free weight room-
pushups 2 x 10
bench press 3 x 6 x 65lbs
reverse crunches between bench sets 3 x 10
incline bench press 3 x 8 x 15lb dumbells
bicep curl/hammer curl combo 3 x 10 x 15lbs
I don't even know what to call this- the cable crossover machine with the pulleys high and pulling both to the center - I know it's chest work but I don't know what it's called....
3 x 8 x 20lbs on each pulley

ADDENDUM:
it was Biggest Loser night and despite the earlier psuedoworkout I decided to ride my bike anyway, mostly spinning though, no big ring
45 minutes on the trainer
15 minutes of core work and ...
Joe said-"this hurts, you should try it" he had me flat on my back with my arms over my head just a few inches off the ground and he put a 10lb medicine ball in my hands and said "hold it" Ouch

No comments: