Monday, March 3, 2008

Marathon or Mountain Bike?

3-1-08
Friday was skip day on workouts apparently.
Saturday was a beauty of a day. I spent about 3 hours downtown as a volunteer for the Little Rockers Marathon. These are 7-12 yr olds who have accumulated 25 miles or more of walking or running and they run the last mile as a group, cross the finish line and receive their marathon medals. Cool. I think there were over 3,000 kids in the program but only about half actually came to run the last mile together. Still, that was a wall o kids. Winner came round just after the last age group was released so it was right around 6 minutes. Gee Whiz.

Later in the day, me, the hubby and the "more fit than he has a right to be" 18 year old boy/man went out to a local park to test out the new GPS on some Geocaches. I was just wanting a workout and only got part of one. We were in an area that is meant for mountain biking and it's hilly but we only ran parts of it. Total I think I ran close to 2 miles but only 1 of those was a no stopper.
This was not enough workout to make up for the 6 glasses of wine I drank having dinner with friends.

3-2-08
Mountain biking instead of marathoning. The LR marathon was this morning. Due to training issues with the knee, I didn't participate. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Instead we went out for 1.5 hours of pretty intense riding. I think it was intense just because I haven't been on single track more than once a month in oh, a year or so. I don't ride enough to consider myself better than moderately competent. Fell twice, both times on "easy" terrain but there was limb debris. Came home tired and muddy. Good day.
I was going to make a light chicken and pasta meal for dinner but the man wanted pizza. I caved. It was veiled as a favor to me so I didn't have to cook but we both know it was just because he wanted that greasy pizza. ha

No comments: