Monday, March 17, 2008

Restful Weekend?

Monday- 4 mile run at work. Must say that this use to be a 2 or 3x a week route but I felt it today. Bah

Sunday- many hours of yard work, I feel like I've been doing deadlifts!

Saturday night I finally got round to my weekly "biggest loser" workout- not meaning that I have Jillian Micheals in my house to kick my ass but that I work out while I watch her kicking other people in the tail. I LOVE watching people who lose my entire weight loss goal in one week. Wait, sarcasm doesn't always transfer to the written page so in case you missed it, that was definitely sarcasm. Dripping with it.

Cycling trainer 30 minutes with another 20 minutes or so of light upper body work with resistance band and core work

Okay workout discussion over. On Saturday there was a St. Paddy's day parade downtown so we set out with the small one with high hopes for a bagpipe filled afternoon. We got to that, but not before we ran into a group of tattooed folks taking advantage of the outdoor area in front of the convention center for a smoke break. Oh yeah. The center was hosting "Inksplosion" for artists, customers and ink-fans. After the parade, which involved one marching bagpipe band and an almost runaway horse drawn trolley car, we headed back up the sidewalk. As we're waiting for the red hand of death to turn to the white hand of the safety angel we see a very blue man on the other side. Blue. Blue face blue neck, blue anything exposed. You know I always feel torn between thinking these folks expect to have their artwork stared at (and hopefully appreciated) and trying not to stare so I won't be rude. I never know what to do. I should have stared, should have paid attention because my husband tells me later that it's a fairly famous guy that we've seen on TV before, Enigma-who's covered in a tattoo puzzle amoung other body modifications. Interesting. One never knows whom one might see in downtown LR.

No comments: