Tuesday, August 5, 2008

But I Can't!

These 3 words are the most hated words in my vocabulary according to my husband. It drives him nuts when I say them.
We went back to the pool today. I gave him his lane and tried to go it on my own. I tried the side swim drills, the log roll drills, and then tried to swim with my "new" breathing technique. BTW I figured out what I thought was a major flaw in my thinking and it did help a lot. But not enough to keep me from sucking water and thinking I'm drowning before 50yrds was up. My heart's racing, I'm losing form. It sucks. I get the bouy and try it with no kicking and guess what? I made it 50 yrds. It's the kicking. I have much to work on. I need a Mr. Miagi. Poor J...he can't help at all. Everything is just second nature to him. I look at him like he's crazy when he tries to explain things and he looks at me like I don't have 2 brain cells touching. Do to learn, Do to learn. I have 5 1/2 weeks.


On a brighter note:
GOOD LUCK SARAH!
Sweet Sarah Smiles is on her way to Leadville, Colorado later this week where she is going to take Lance Armstrong DOWN off the start line of the Leadville 100 mile mountain bike race. We wish her good health, good breathing and good brain energy. And we're jealous that she'll be drinking beer on Sunday with Eric. But so it goes. More than anything...HAVE FUN!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks Lisa! I'm excited, and surprisingly calm at the same time.

Joe said...

The tapering will soon be over and she can relax and ride the bike.