Saturday, August 9, 2008

Swimming?

I got up early and went to the pool by myself. Every trip it gets better but today I discovered something extremely disconcerting. I was attempting to do a kick drill with a board and not only was I able to stop dead in the water but I actually think I moved backward. This is not good. So I did a lot of work today with a pull bouy, I was able to go longer without the kicking but I'm still not even close to what would seem like a reasonable distance without choking. So. I signed up for a 1/2 hour private lesson to get my crap straight before I develop bad habits that can't be broken. Next Wednesday.
I can feel the workouts this week catching up with me. Swimming is hard. Especially if you suck at it. I have certainly been more sore, but I don't usually get this kind of muscle fatigue. Man. My difficulties with um, inadequacy, don't allow me to swim next to a woman using a noodle as a floatie, and get lapped.

1 comment:

CJ MJ said...

Hang in there Tiger. I believe you can fly!