Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Another Day in the Salt Mines

Today was an unusual workday as I had to actually speak in front of a group. It's rare, but it happens. All is good. Unfortunately, that meant a large portion of my workday was dedicated to meetings. You would suspect that this would lead to a mad dash to complete all sorts of things before the end of the day. Not so much. In my job, if I don't think at least 2 days ahead, it won't get done. I have to set experiments up, gather supplies, reagents, buffers, grow bacteria, etc. You get the point. It's a timing thing. Flip side- I had time to work out in the fitness center today.

20 minutes on the elliptical ski apparatus (not to be confused with the band Red Jumpsuit Apparatus) XCtry program, not too heavy but enough to get the heart and arms pumping

stretching
plie squats 10 slow and deep, 10 fast pulses, repeat
seated cable row 1 x 18 x 55lbs, 2 x 8 x 60lbs
pushups 1 x 6 narrow hands, 1 x 6 up and over (on a 6 in block), 1 x 6 regular stance
lying horizontal fly 1 x 10 x 8lbs, 2 x 10 x 10lbs
bench press 1 x 6 x 45lbs, 2 x 4 x 55lbs
tricep pulldowns-split cable 1 x 8 x 30, 35, 40lbs
more stetching

No comments: