Wednesday, February 6, 2008

First Workout Post

Typically I attempt a workout between meals or before breakfast. Yesterday I was so swamped I had to choose to do it at 7:30 p.m. or not at all.

Last week my husband bought a CycleOps indoor trainer for our bikes. Good idea. I wasn't sure at first but dang that thing has not only come in handy but it's a darn good workout. I am not at the level that I'm going to post my cadence or even heart rate, I just want to know that I feel like I've worked my body when I'm done. Forgive my ignorance of proper terms for some exercises-

5 minute moderate pace warmup spin
30 minutes of intervals, 1-3 minutes push to 1 minute rest using middle and big ring gears
short cool down spin

break to help with research paper notecards and science fair issues

While watching the primary returns I got out a pilates resistance band and a set of dumbells

3 x 12 bicep curls using band
2 x 10 "y" curls using band
3 x 10 overhead tricep pulls using band
2 x 10 each front and lateral raise 7lb DBs
2x10,1x12 fly with 12lb DB
3 x 10 situps on swiss ball very slow and controlled

After the workout I decided to weigh and take measurements since I haven't done that in a long time. We have a body fat scale at home but it sucks and I don't think it's even close to accurate.
weight 148. I fluctuate 1-2 lbs during the day but 146-148 is where I've been for weeks now. UGH
the BF on the scale showed 23% but it's totally wrong. The last measurement I had was 28%. I WISh it was 23, that would be a great goal for me.
measurements:
chest at armpit 35.5
waist at bellybutton 33 but 32 at smallest point just above bellybutton
hips at top of pelvic bone 41
top of thigh 24
calf 15
bicep 11.5

I always thought my hips and thighs were the big "issues" as they are with most women but I have found that especially this last year, my midsection is expanding even if the scale isn't moving. Hmmmmm It sucks getting older.

No comments: