Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hill Repeats, Kayaks and Medicine Balls

I did finally take a day off. Sort of. Rushed around all morning on Friday after a short stint of yard work then drove for 6 hours in a hefty wind with a kayak strapped to the car. That took a little more effort than usual.

Saturday- 3 mile run of nuttin but rolling hills. Ugh. Felt pretty good at the end but I wondered if I'd be able to stop sweating. Ever. Since we were on a lake, I took the kayak out for a short ride, short because there was a line of cousins waiting. 7 kids, 8 adults, 2 dogs + 1 neighbor dog, one house. Chaos. After lunch I took the pedal boat out with the hubby, and a beer. Much longer ride this time but had been out about 10 minutes before hubby pointed out that I wasn't really pedaling, it was his momentum carrying my pedals around. OOps. Caught.

Sunday- 2.5 mile run but had a rabbit to chase. The boy wanted to run with me but he is so much taller and so much stronger and uh so much younger. I didn't chase too hard after about the 3/4 mile mark but when he did the math via the minutes on his ipod and figured he was doing about 8 minute miles even on those hills, I didn't feel so bad. We had some breakfast then went outside and threw the medicine ball around for a while, did some exchange of push up techniques and I lost track of time. That was a mistake because about the time we came in all stinky and sweaty I hear my hubby say " Where's the plunger Dad?" OMG!!!! "uh there's something wrong and water is backing up into the downstairs shower" That's right, it was a whore's bath for me. I was oh so ready for that shower by the time we got home.

6 hours in the car again but this time I got to sit. I think it hurts worse to just sit there and stiffen up.

No comments: