Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's Vomitastic

Spring has sprung and today at 10:30 a.m. it was already 80 degrees outside. And sunny. And humid. So of course, I went outside for a run. Or so I thought. 1 mile in C had to turn back because some kind of flying insect was so attracted to her aroma that they were dive bombing her en masse. Apparently, I lack said attractive aroma and they weren't bothering me so I lumbered on, literally. I have no idea what the pace was because as usual I was not wearing a watch. Do you think this is my subconcious effort not to ever post a run time? It was uncomfortable, wet, hot and slow. Wait, if I hadn't started with uncomfortable that sentence might have been a good one. I made it thru just under 3 miles when I stumbled toward a bldg with a water fountain. I slowly walked back around "the block" and ended up with some knee lift, butt kick, side jump, jogging maneuvers. My stomach doing cartwheels and my legs screaming "BITCH" at me the whole time. I couldn't stop sweating so I came back to my office thinking I might get some work done then head back for a shower. C says she wanted to throw up and the bee things chased her all the way back to the building. Yup, it was vomitastic today.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

vomitastic!!! I'm so stealing that word. That's what yesterday was for me, too. Vomitastic! Vomitastic! Vomitastic! I just can't help myself.

Lisa said...

It's a good word. You're welcome to it!