Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sherlock Holmes and Running

Wednesday- 3 miler. Again. And I wanted to throw up. I really need to work on my stride. I know it's keeping my speed way slower than I want. It isn't about the power.



Thursday- Took the day off to go on a school field trip with the middle school. 6-8 grade. I must be insane. I've had a headache all day. We went to see Sherlock Holmes: the final adventure at The Rep. I thoroughly enjoyed it but when I asked the kids what they thought, the most common response was "I didn't get it". Good, some of the humor was adult-ish. Then we went for lunch at a pizza buffet. I don't know, but that was a madhouse. The school supposedly made a reservation but the staff seemed totally unprepared. I dropped my clan off and by the time I parked and made it back inside, the salad bar was empty and there was a crowd of kids standing at the buffet area waiting for pizza. And waiting. And no one had drinks. You would think that knowing 150 kids are showing up for pizza, you'd have more than your usual amount ready to go. Maybe it was a good thing there wasn't enough food to go around, it kept me from eating as much.
I dropped the kids back at the school and went home, changed clothes and hit the door for a run around the neighborhood. I was just going to run to the school and get Mc to walk home. What little pizza I ate was sitting like a rock and those hills in my hood really made me want to lose my lunch. 40 minutes later I arrive at the school and we start a nice walk home. We get to a 4 way stop intersection and a cute bald guy jumps out of a car and hugs Mc! OH Jeez, it's a friend of ours who normally calls Orlando, FL home but for some odd reason he was driving close to our house with a friend (actually they were scouting tornado damage but anywho) They came over for lemonade and a tour of my house which was unfortunately in complete disarray. It was a nice surprise.
Did an hour or so of gardening just because I could. It was raining pretty hard this morning, I hope the freshly planted things are good and I still have some things in little pots too...hope they aren't drowning!

No comments: