Friday, September 5, 2008

Another Butt Kicking Jillian Workout

This morning- one long swim in an outdoor pool today I tried not to use the pool sides-I barely touched or didn't touch at all trying to keep from using the push off as a crutch. I didn't count- and there was no clock outside but I got to the pool about 20 minutes earlier than usual and left at the same time or maybe even later than usual so I got in a good 45-50 minutes. My new goggles suck. They leak. Bad.

Yesterday:
Each time I do a new one-I have to figure out the right weight so I make notes to remind myself to push harder next time I do this one.

no warm up

med grip underhand pulldowns to failure - started w 30lbs x 20 too light
seated cable row to failure 50lb x 11
jump squat x 15
one leg pelvic thrust to failure 20 x ea leg

wide grip pulldowns 25lb x 20, too light
squat swings (15 lb dumbell in both hands, follows squat movement to over head) x 12lb too light
jumping lunges to failure 10 ea leg

plank rows 12lb x 5 ea arm
supermans x 20
squat w/bicep curl 12lb x 10
1 min uphill run 12% @ 5mph (was supposed to be 15% but the treadmill didn't go that high)

Hack squats (body ball between back and wall-ouch on the quads) 20 x slow
seated hamstring curl to failure 40lbs x 22- little light
hammer curl 12lbs x 10 ea arm
jump rope fast 2 min

crossover lunge w/ hammer curl 10lb x 20
ball crunches x 25
hanging ab twist x 12
1 min uphill run, found a treadmill that goes to 15%- did 5mph but was supposed to do 5.5

warm down- 10 minutes on the elliptical, 1:1 min forward and backward low resistance and 5 minutes forward medium resistance.

2 comments:

FishrCutB8 said...

how are you feeling about the triathlon? Getting ready and geared up?

Lisa said...

It's going to take a lot of mental "okay, slow down...you can't finish if you drown and you won't drown even if you dog paddle or float or whatever if you panic" Every day in the pool gets better so this week the plan is to do little other then swim as much as possible. Thanks for askin.