Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Water Water Everywhere

Monday and Tuesday- Got up at the godawful hour of 5 a.m. Yes on purpose. Managed to get in almost an hour of water time both days but today was better because there was just me swimming laps for almost the entire time- J came on Monday and we tried not to distract each other.
Today I tried to practice sighting more, doing some more desperation moves-discovered that side stroke is a LAST resort as I can't even pretend to go in a straight line, it's awful- breast stroke is a maybe and the best is a log roll, 6-8 front strokes then 4-6 backstrokes and I can sight as I turn over. I'm still scared spitless of the water but whatever.

2 comments:

Joe said...

You know I'm very proud of you for confronting your fears. Funny, you'll be extremely happy to finish the swim during the race and you'll still have a 14 mile bike ride and 3 mile run ahead of you. You're Awesome!

Lisa said...

Thanks babe