Saturday, September 6, 2008

Brick

11 mile bike ride- 18 mph avg
2.5 mile run (jog)

I'm exhausted from this week. Following a long weekend of camping/bad sleep/cleaning up and putting away then I've had a few good workouts, a house with no electricity, a couple of busy nights along with 4 days of driving the carpool bus which is most certainly a workout in itself. Last night I sat on my bed to start a new David Baldacci book I just checked out and I fell asleep about 9 p.m. That is almost unheard of for me. Got up at 11:30-took shower and brushed my teeth and went back to bed until 7:30. AH sleep.

Fish sweetly inquired about my feelings on the upcoming Triathlon adventure. I'm nervous, I know it's a mental thing and I'm working on it. The bike and run are yeah, whatever. I am however seriously afraid of dying in the water. I did some dog paddling and treading water type stuff in the pool on Friday as a test of "desperation" moves. My biggest thing will be reminding myself that finishing alive (or at least finishing and not requiring a rescue boat) is the goal, not finishing fast, necessarily. I do have a goal-knowing that my swim will be very slow, of less than 1hr 40 min. I know the average in my age group from last year is closer to 1:25-1:30 so I'd prefer to be in there but the swim is a big ?? and I wonder how the mental part of the swim will affect the rest of the race or if it will?

No comments: