Thursday, September 11, 2008

So much for weather forcasts

It was a bright sunny day today. I guess the 45% chance of afternoon rain was really a 55% chance of no rain but I never see it like that. I'm a glass was half empty till the damn cat knocked it over kind of gal. In my always fuzzy but usually rather interesting workout logic, I decided at 2:30 today, when the heat index was 97 due to 90 degree weather plus 57% humidity, that I would go out for one of those runs I've been NOT doing for the last 5 weeks. Idiot. I had a great pace (for me anyways) and the legs felt good and even the breathing was pretty okay but the heat and the lunch sitting on my stomach got the better of me so I quit at 2.5 miles lest I lose said lunch on the parking lot.
Because I have an issue understanding that whole taper thing, I think mostly because most of the races or events we've been doing are really not much more than a hefty workout for me because they're all short- I went to the pool after work and swam for 30 minutes. Knowing I'm an idiot and probably shouldn't have tried to squeeze in "just one more swim" I also got in the hot tub for a few minutes to try to relieve the muscles a little. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I did try. I have reduced the intensity but not necessarily the frequency of the workouts this week. I think that qualifies as tapering. I may even take 2 rest days in a ROW. But probably not. Because I'll eat fried chicken or something and feel guilty. HA

No comments: