Monday, May 12, 2008

The Gift of Relaxation

Fridays workout: most of it already dismissed from memory since I've slept since then. I know I did about 12 minutes warm up on the treadmill, flat up to 4 minutes then increasing incline 2% every 90sec and a short cooldown. I think the rest went something like this
Upper Body:
gravitron dips 3 x 8 x 71 and pullups 2 x 8 x 71
bench press 3 x 8 x 65
incline bench 3 x 8 x 25
chest fly (cable crossover) 3 x 8 x 40
seated row 3 x 8 x 50
fly 3 x 8 x 10lb DB
step ups on high bench 2 x 10 x each leg

cardio interval- jumping on tall aerobic step up over and back until winded which didn't take much- did that for about 3 minutes

Saturday- a couple of hours out in the yard was all the work out I got

Sunday- I know, most mothers are getting breakfast in bed and coming up with reasons to get pampered. I put on trail running shoes and headed out to our favorite "hill". I used to almost dread doing the Pinnacle run. Mostly because it was exhausting trying to keep up with my mtn goat husband. Sunday I may have been more than ready to break my own time record on that sucker. I got around up and over in well under an hour and was still running when J's knee gave. He turned back and I kept going for a bit. Long enough to wear myself out and stop paying attention. There was this mud puddle you see, and I didn't want to step in it so while I was watching it I clipped my toe on a tree root and SPLAT!! down I went, full body to ground contact. Of course I got up and looked around to make sure no one saw it and kept running. It was a good workout. We stopped at the grocery on the way home and I bought dinner fixings that I thought would be easy for J to make for us.
The rest of the afternoon was spent in the yard. I needed to burn calories. So far we had eaten hot wings (mine with loads of bleu cheese of cours) and take out chinese on Fri and Sat nights. I needed no more high calorie food.
J fixed dinner while I cleaned all the dirt and sweat off. He called me to come see my mother's day present and in our backyard was a brand new king sized quilted hammock and pillow. Backstory: I had a hammock at my house before we got married and then we let it stay outside after I moved until it rotted and I've missed it. J thought he could set this one up in our backyard to give me an escape to nap or read. Because I don't do either of those things at home very often. It was a sweet idea but the second I turned my back, the small one had claimed the hammock as her own and was camped in it with her laptop. So much for mom relaxing.

No comments: