Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Super Women


I have a birthday coming up. Today when I opened my lab I see a birthday package waiting for me. I know it's from A. That A, my running buddy, encourager. She's given me (among other goodies) a book of photographs called Super Women: 100 women 100 sports. Who gets the #1 slot in this book? Robyn Benincasa, Adventure Racer Extraordinaire and Endurance Goddess. I am having a great time looking thru this book and can appreciate that A gives me gifts that have some meaning behind them, like inspiration to be more, do more, have more. I will never be a competitive athlete but that doesn't mean I can't train to be better or train just to have fun. I know, many people think of coming out of a day bloody, muddy, sweaty and possibly covered in scratches is not a good day. Sometimes it's the best day.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You're always my SuperWoman!

Lisa said...

And you are my rock goddess. Ride on.

Marykaa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marykaa said...

Yup, training like an athlete is fun :))