Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gotta Love Arkansas Springtime

So it's supposed to get up above 80 degrees today even though I wore a sweater until I went out for a run at 10:30. At least it was a little overcast today for my run. I was lucky enough to catch my friend A as she was heading out. A is the first person I ever jogged/ran with. She's done a few marathons and she's really not into other sports. I'm the bumbler who talked her into doing the duathlon this year and she's hooked. She wants to attempt a sprint tri this year and we're talking about training for the swim. I love being around her, she's always so encouraging. ANYWAY. We ran 4 miles in 39 minutes+change. That's pretty good for me considering I've been staying under 3.5 miles for months. And yes Sarah, it was vomitastic and I really thought I might this time. It took a good 1/2 hour to stop sweating. This is what I love about A:

Me: hmmm I'm really burning

Her: Okay we can slow down

Me: better not, if I want to get better I have to push my comfort level

Her: Yea you do. Let's go it's only a little farther.

No comments: