Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Heat

I am rather busy at work so I didn't manage a daytime workout yesterday. I changed clothes before I left work though and as soon as I dropped the small one off at piano I took off for a run. Piano lessons are at a local university so with school being out I had virtually empty sidewalks at my disposal. I have no clue on distance or pace. It felt slow but then it was in the mid 90's so everything feels slow, right? It was a full 30 minutes, whatever the pace.
I tried to make a joke of this story but I'm the only one amused by it apparently. While I was running the winding sidewalk along University Avenue, I see on the sidewalk on the other side of the street, just ahead of me, a man with a cane. And it took me a couple of minutes to catch up and take over. Dang. Molasses can't even catch up to the blind dude. I have to say, I watched him RUN across one intersection. Don't know what that was about, but more power to ya.
At home I did some random light weight and resistance band upper body work while watching TV for about 1/2 hour or so and took 2 very heavy and frisky dogs on a 10 minute stroll.

2 comments:

FishrCutB8 said...

I hate it when the blind guys and the one-legged Kenyans carrying anvils pass me....

Lisa said...

I just hate it when I'm on my road bike and the cyclist on the mountain bike with one flat tire that the Kenyan is pushing while he runs, barefoot, passes me.