Thursday, July 24, 2008

Very Expensive Ride

My mountain bike is still in the shop but last night my "sweet" husband decides that he is going to go "borrow" that expensive bike that I've talked myself out of 4 times already so that we can go for a night ride. I need to train, he tells me, if we're going to do a sprint adventure race in August-it will all be about moving fast. 5minutes in he says "how is it?" I say "I hate this bike" "that good?" he says. 20 minutes in and we hit some lowland sweeping trail. Now I really hate this bike. And I hate my husband and my sweet Sarah Smiles for trying to convince me that I need this bike. I thought I'd be awful because honestly, my legs were toast from the outset due to the new Jillian Badass Micheals workouts. But off she went, hit that dirt and climbed herself up some hills. I thought oh I need to avoid that and she just moved. No pedal clipping rocks, no back tire hitting what the front just maneuvered around. She just went. Unlike my usual braking grabfest. I think I just bought a new mountain bike, God help us all.

As we finished the short ride, smiling like a goober, I was composing an email in my head that went something like this:

Dear Sarah, Hate the bike, Hate you, Hate Joe. I'll be in Friday to pay for the damn bike. Bitches.

As luck would have it, we get to our car and what do we see 2 spaces over? The Chainwheel Scion with Sarah in the driver's seat. I got to tell her how much I hated the bike in person. And see her for the first time in about 2 or 3 weeks. DAAAANNNNG. Must say it doesn't hurt to buy things from HOT salespeople. While her husband was ragging her for her redneck sleeves cut off jersey- I didn't notice, I was thinking wow, Sarah's getting some definition in her upper bod. She was already slammin' but this new regime/commitment of hers....watch out!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

It is kind of a redneck jersey; I still love her though. If she want's to wear it so be it.

Congrats on the new bike

Lisa said...

I liked it too. I think I'll cut the arms off my jersey in support. :)