Monday, July 14, 2008

Ride like the Wind, or maybe a breeze

Sunday we woke to rain. And headaches. So a day of mostly lying on the couch watching TV soon ran into a few minutes of yard work before I realized that THE SUN WAS OUT!! So we headed down to the pool to be lazy for a while longer. During Adult Swim I had J try to check out my floundering again, hoping that I can get a comfortable stroke down in time to do a sprint tri this fall. He fixed a couple of things for me in those short minutes and I can't wait to try it out on open water next weekend.
After a really horrific dinner of chicken and spinach sausages, J loaded up the bikes and we headed down to the River Trail but it was already dusk. We cut the ride short by not trying to get thru the crowd on the bridge but heading down to River Mtn. Road. That climb is just not fun. I really need to do it more often. My top speed was 5.5 mph until the crest where I finally hit about 7 before the flat came and I cruised out to the light trying to spin off the shaking.
This morning J and I both rode our bikes to work. I know it's a short 15+ minute ride but it isn't an easy one. Going home will be so much worse, ending in that Bitch of a climb up Mountain. But I need those hills, they make me stronger. And I'm going to repeat that until I actually believe it.

No comments: