Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Training?

I'm still having a great deal of difficulty figuring out my need for "training" versus the need to "workout"

Wednesday-busy work day, at the small one's theater camp parent's night until after 8 p.m. but turned the TV on when we finally got home and

pushups 2 x 8
double tricep pulls with resistance band 3 x 10
combo moves: squat with shoulder press 2 x 15 x 8lb
plie squat with side shoulder raise 2 x 15 x 8lb
single arm tricep kickbacks 3 x 10 x 8lb
bent over dumbbell rows 2 x 12 x 8lb, 1 x 8 x 12lb
flys 3 x 10 x 8lb
slow situp warming core 1 min
double crunch x 25
crunch x 25
oblique crunch 2 x 25

Tuesday- work was busy and waited until 9 p.m. to go out for a walk. walked all of 7 minutes until I couldn't take it and started jogging.
walk 7 min
jog 25 min
walk 10 minutes of ugly nasty hills ending in a short uphill jog

Note about sweet J- he stopped to get us dinner because we had less than 1/2 hour between getting off work and needing to be at the theater. He remembered to get me grilled chicken and a baked potato instead of a burger and fries. Damn I love burgers and fries. Damn I love it when he tries to help me not eat them.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ahhh, sweet husband!

Hmmm.
To me workouts = fun, unstructured, "what do I wanna do today"
training= focused, progressive, structured toward a goal.

So, you may be training already!

Lisa said...

Today I ran to work and noticed that although I'm not much faster than 2 years ago, I don't trip on every bump or curb. That's progress.
YES- STRUCTURE, that's what I'm looking for. I need some o that.