Thursday, July 24, 2008

Legs = Toast = noodles?

My legs are so tired. This is a good thing right? After last nights short ride on a supposed rest day, I took it a bit easier on myself because I am going to do a triathlon swim clinic all day on Saturday. Wish me luck, I have trouble not drowning at the kiddie pool. Then I find out that I will have to make a choice to do Raid the Rock Adventure Race OR do the CATS Sprint Tri. They end up being on the same weekend this year. Dangnab it.

Dumbbell press on balance ball 12 lbs x 10 each arm
Dumbbell fly with ab crunch on ball 8 lbs x 15
Squats 50 fast body weight
Repeat

Here's where I thought I could repeat each circuit but leave out the one minute sprints. Wrong

Circuit performed in sequence with no break:
Plank 10 sec, close grip push ups x 5, side plank with inner thigh raise x 10, plank 5 sec, other side plank w/ thigh raise, plank 5 sec, BURPYs x 10 whew
Sumo squat x 50

Frog pushup x 20
squat thrust x 20, hold squat for 30 seconds ow
W shoulder press with leg extension 10 each leg x 10lb

Bench dip x 20
rope tricep press to failure (only 10 x 30lbs today)
static lunge with lateral raise 10 each leg x 8 lb
Boat pose 30 sec

bicycle crunches x 50
extended plank x 30 sec

cool down on elliptical for 5 minutes alternating forward and backward every 30- seconds or so, easy pace

No comments: