Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The longest 25 miles ever

Last night after work I met J downtown for what should have been a nice easy ride. It was hot though. It was 101 on the bus coming home so I had been on a hot bus for 50 minutes, then waited outside in my car for J for another 15 so I was beat before we started. It took almost 2 hours with all the stopping for water, stopping to refill water bottles, just plain stopping. We did out and back from Cajun's to the end of the NLR side of the River Trail and back with one trip up Ft. Roots . It was a good climb, I am still figuring out that the first turn on that road is the hardest for me and I need to gear appropriately so I can keep up with J. Can't believe how exhausted I am/was. Ran into some friends on the way over Big Dam Bridge going out- that's always fun. I heard this familiar voice up ahead so I yell "Is that Aaron up there? " Sure nuff it was. I thought we'd be the only idiots riding in 100 degree heat but there were LOTS of idiots out riding, running and blading. Man, people amaze me sometimes.

Since this is a cycling post I thought I'd throw in this little ditty that J already posted on his blog but whatever...I think this video should go viral and make our Sarah a bigger star than she is already. Watch for her smiling face coming across the suspension bridge. See if you can see the blood from our knuckles on the suspension chains too.





No comments: